Bec Coldicutt is a teacher, youth mentor, internationally certified life coach, menstrual educator and Reiki Master/Teacher. Inspired by what she was seeing in her classroom and beyond, Bec was called to create Rebel Starseeds; a deeply heart-centred business helping girls learn that intelligent, purposeful rebellion leads to an empowered and inspiring life!
As their personal empowerment sidekick, Bec teaches girls self-empowerment, the real meaning of self-compassion, and how to reject limiting belief patterns they find themselves in. Through Rebel Starseeds and her work in schools, Bec provides workshops, retreats, programmes and 1:1 mentoring to girls and their families.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Bec's career evolution, how she found herself being a youth mentor, parent supporter and coach to tween and teen girls, and the great advice she received from a teacher when she was 17
- Positive period education and celebrating menarche and rites of passage with girls and their parents through Celebration Day for Girls
- What "intelligent rebellion" means to Bec and why she thinks teenage girls need to be rebellious and find space in this noisy world
- How we, as parents, can support our teenagers and finding communication strategies that work as teenagers evolve
- The ways Bec finds joy, and her unique approach to self-care so that it's more sustainable
Also mentioned in this episode:
I'd love you to join the Mummalove Lounge Facebook group and continue the conversation! Click on this link to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mummalovelounge
Please leave a rating and review of the Mummalove podcast over on Apple Podcasts. Not sure how to do that? You can watch my quick video guide over here on the website - scroll down past all the episode covers to find it.