Stephanie Rodden is a dynamic, creative woman, as well as Mum to two boys, a wife, photographer and educator.
Inspired by the arrival of her beautiful son, Lincoln, and a less-than-ideal delivery of a prenatal diagnosis from her obstetrician, Stephanie created a social enterprise and a movement called Celebrate T21. Celebrate T21 is known for its gorgeous book projects and gift packs which are gifted to families receiving a pre- or post-natal diagnosis of Down syndrome, and through that gift, they are welcomed into the incredible T21 community.
In this conversation, we talked about:
- The story of receiving a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome for their second son, and the divided response from family
- How the Down syndrome diagnosis changed Stephanie’s life
- The creation of Celebrate T21 - how it started and how it’s evolved over time
- How Stephanie finds joy and looks after herself in a busy life
- What will be happening in Stephanie’s community for World Down syndrome Day
Celebrate T21 is based in the Illawarra and operates as a community service. It has a huge network around Australia, bringing together families within the Down syndrome community, sharing their stories and inspiration. Stephanie and the team at Celebrate T21 dream of a world where no family should feel isolated, unsupported or pressured to terminate based on a diagnosis of Down syndrome.
Also mentioned in this episode:
I'd love you to join the Mummalove Lounge Facebook group and continue the conversation! Click on this link to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mummalovelounge
Please leave a rating and review of the Mummalove podcast over on Apple Podcasts. Not sure how to do that? You can watch my quick video guide over here on the website - scroll down past all the episode covers to find it.