The delightful Dannii Rodgers is a Brisbane Mum of two children, a content creator and podcast host at The Mummy Republic.
I invited Dannii on the podcast to talk about her family's journey through a high-risk pregnancy with her second child, unsure whether her baby would survive, and navigating life as a "medical mum" and all the hospital appointments that go along with her son's medical condition.
In this episode, we discussed:
- going through a complicated pregnancy and highly medicalised birth, and what life with Archer looks like now
- deciding what parts of the journey to share on social media, avoiding "toxic positivity" and feeling the support of a community
- the coexistence of sadness and joy
- what support Dannii has called on and the importance of giving ourselves the space to process hard things
- advice for other parents going through a high risk pregnancy or facing a medical diagnosis for their child
- tapping into the strength that is already inside us
Dannii shares her story full of light, humour and positivity that is sure to inspire other families facing similar challenges in life.
You can connect with Dannii on Instagram @danniirodgers to get a daily dose of her unfiltered musings on life, love and family, alongside hilarious skits and guest appearances from her husband, and listen to her Mummy Republic Podcast on iTunes and Spotify or your favourite streaming app.
Also mentioned in this episode:
I'd love you to join the new Mummalove Lounge Facebook group and continue the conversation! Click on this link to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mummalovelounge
Please leave a rating and review of the Mummalove podcast over on Apple Podcasts. Not sure how to do that? You can watch my quick video guide over here on the website - scroll down past all the episode covers to find it.
Want to get notified of new episodes directly on your phone? Subscribe to the podcast using your favorite app!