This weekend, on 2nd May, marks five years since our youngest son, Nicholas, died.
After five years of navigating grief, I wanted to share the three main lessons I've learned about acknowledging milestones and anniversaries.
In this episode, I share:
- How we've acknowledged anniversaries over the past five years
- How my grief has changed over the years
- How emotion around anniversaries can be unpredictable
- That it's okay for the milestone to look different each time
- That grief is such an individual journey and those around us won't necessarily experience or acknowledge a milestone in the same way we do
- We need to ask for what we need.
Also mentioned in this episode:
The story of Nicholas' death can be found at Episode 3.
Discussion with Lisa Corduff about grief in Episode 38.
I'd love you to join the new Mummalove Lounge Facebook group and continue the conversation! Click on this link to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mummalovelounge
Please leave a rating and review of the Mummalove podcast over on Apple Podcasts. Not sure how to do that? You can watch my quick video guide over here on the website - scroll down past all the episode covers to find it.
Want to get notified of new episodes directly on your phone? Subscribe to the podcast using your favorite app!